Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Practicing Taijiquan in Quidi Vidi, Newfoundland (2012)



Doing Taijiquan  in Quidi Vidi Village, Newfoundland (Saint John's, 2012)
Gustavo Thomas. Taijiquan. (Newfoundland, Canada. 2012)


In this new era of my Blog, where I'm sharing more of what I call the theatre of my life, I'm starting to include my Taijiquan practicing.

As some of you know I've been doing Taijiquan since my 20's and studied in China for almost five years, so this Oriental discipline is already an inherent part of my life, one more part of that theatre I want to expose (or share) openly.

Taijiquan, among many other virtues, has helped me to retake my balance in many occasions, a balance to my mental heatlh as well to my physical one, especially after some terrible illnesses and accidents. Of course I have a great affection for it.

This time, in my travel through Newfoundland, I practised it en two occasions; what I'm showing today was during my visit to the small village of Quidi Vidi in Saint John's (the capital of the province). The set probably is not the more spectacular but it's beautiful and inspiring. First I tried some postures to warm up and after then worked with the 8-Step Yang form, the most basic. You'll notice that I'm doing it little bit quicker than normal and it was because some tourists arrived at the precise moment I was starting to move, they were pressing me waiting for me to finish and take photograph from the same spot. Even though, it was a nice moment and I greatly enjoyed it.





Doing Taijiquan  in Quidi Vidi Village, Newfoundland (Saint John's, 2012)
Gustavo Thomas. Taijiquan. (Newfoundland, Canada. 2012)


Doing Taijiquan  in Quidi Vidi Village, Newfoundland (Saint John's, 2012)
Gustavo Thomas. Taijiquan. (Newfoundland, Canada. 2012)







Texts, photographs and videos in this Blog are all author's property, except when marked. All rights reserved by Gustavo Thomas. If you have any interest in using any text, photograph or video from this Blog, for commercial use or not, please contact Gustavo Thomas at gustavothomastheatre@gmail.com.




No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are interested in using any text, image or video from this Blog, please contact the author writing your e-mail and information in comments. (comments are private)
Gustavo Thomas. Get yours at bighugelabs.com