Thursday, August 9, 2012

Dancing My Own Loss (Video from my Butoh vlog. Recorded in Newfoundland)


Doing Butoh under a Lighthouse in Ferryland, Newfoundland (2012)



Dancing My Own Loss 


This was a Butoh improvisation I performed under the lighthouse in Ferryland, Newfoundland, Canada.

There was all an atmosphere around: green grass and rocks all around; behind, the lighthouse you see in the photograph; in the front, the sea covered by fog (I could only hear the sound of the waves hitting the rocks and the wind). Everything I tried to follow with my sight was lost in that fog. I felt lost. That was an unique moment for moving. I put some music playing with my phone and started to move.

Butoh is liberating in all senses.



Texts, photographs and videos in this Blog are all author's property, except when marked. All rights reserved by Gustavo Thomas. If you have any interest in using any text, photograph or video from this Blog, for commercial use or not, please contact Gustavo Thomas at gustavothomastheatre@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are interested in using any text, image or video from this Blog, please contact the author writing your e-mail and information in comments. (comments are private)
Gustavo Thomas. Get yours at bighugelabs.com