Thursday, February 10, 2011

íslenska óperan. The Icelandic Opera Theatre.

íslenska óperan (By Gustavo Thomas 2010)


There is a new one in construction and it will be fantastic, but the old íslenska óperan building got its own charm. It remembers me those 1900's provincial theatre buildings in my native Mexico (the Icelandic Opera building was built in 1928). 

Sorry, only exterior images of it. As I said in my past post about Iceland, I went there in a very good time for tourism but in a very bad time for performing arts, all the theatres were in Summer pause.


The new opera house in construction (July, 2010)




(All photographs by Gustavo Thomas. All Rights Reserved. 2010)


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are interested in using any text, image or video from this Blog, please contact the author writing your e-mail and information in comments. (comments are private)
Gustavo Thomas. Get yours at bighugelabs.com