Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Rose (From my Butoh vlog) (Digital Work Over Photograph. By Gustavo Thomas. 2012)



The Rose (From My Butoh Vlog) (Digital Work Over Photograph. 2012)
The Rose (From my Butoh vlog)

(Digital Art Over Photograph. By Gustavo Thomas © 2012. All Rights Reserved)


Summer has left me a difficult path in my own work and I haven't had time to edit the videos from my Butoh vlog (and therefore showing them off), but the digital art that surges from them has not stopped.

The flower is an object-subject Kazuo Ohno used to work as part of their own training and as part of his workshops in Yokohama, and his son, Yoshito Ohno, continues to do the same in his own workshops. 

This flower I'm showing here (an artificial rose) was given to me by Yoshito Ohno during a Butoh master class he gave in Montreal dance school last October 2011; the flower is now part of my daily training ... and part of my own art.





Texts, photographs and videos in this Blog are all author's property, except when marked. All rights reserved by Gustavo Thomas. If you have any interest in using any text, photograph or video from this Blog, for commercial use or not, please contact Gustavo Thomas at gustavothomastheatre@gmail.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are interested in using any text, image or video from this Blog, please contact the author writing your e-mail and information in comments. (comments are private)
Gustavo Thomas. Get yours at bighugelabs.com