Thursday, January 3, 2008

A little bit of Kunqu (Northern style).

Last December 19th I saw my second performance of Kunqu, considered the finest kind of Chinese Operas, a theatrical form with 600 years of tradition.

Some "stars" from the Northern Style of Kunqu performed highlights of many operas, at Chang'An Theatre (you already know about it).

The best way to enjoy this Opera or any other Performing Art is trying to be spectator of it, so I recorded one aria and I'm sharing it. Enjoy.



Kunqu (Northern Style) at Chang'An Theatre, Beijing. (Dec 19th, 2007)


Note:
The main difference with Peking Opera (Beijing Opera) you can find here is the style of singing; you will noticed that Kunqu is much more melodic and easy to listen.


1 comment:

  1. great blogs on chinese opera and mei lanfang. pls. drop me a line at galenyeo1 at yahoo dot com. I had a question about your 1927 documentary footage. pls. send me your contact details. thank you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are interested in using any text, image or video from this Blog, please contact the author writing your e-mail and information in comments. (comments are private)
Gustavo Thomas. Get yours at bighugelabs.com